Friday, August 8, 2014

Looking Down From High Above

Nico was feeling good yesterday. He did his stretching exercises and went to the hotel gym to try out the recumbent exercise bike.
He felt still good after all the exercising and was ready for an adventure. We decided to go to the John Hancock Center right around the corner from the hotel.


Tickets were sold on the lower level of the building, so we had to take the elevator down (Nico was using the scooter). We had to wait in line for a while to get our tickets and then it was off to stand in another line to wait for the elevator, which would take us to the observation deck on the 94th floor. We were channeled through a maze of ropes to be greeted by a very persuasive photographer. There was no escape and we ended up having our picture taken.


There is also a day version:


We finally made it to the elevator and up we went. Wow, it was fast! It took us less time to get from the lower level to the 94th floor than it takes us to get from ground level to 16th floor at the hotel. I had to pop my ears twice to equalize pressure.
The views from up high are impressive! It is not easy to get some decent pictures through the glass, but I did my best:

Taken with my GoPro

Nico had fun

Navy Pier






View towards the east



Nico had also to try the newest attraction - Tilt!



He was not too impressed. He said it is not much different from looking straight down from the other windows. I guess we will still have to go to the Willis Tower and stand in one of those outside plexiglass boxes.


8 comments:

  1. Good luck on your journey we are there this week to have my husband evaulated by Dr. Burt.
    My husband may buy the travelscooter. Does your son really like it? We have one but it is big and clunky. He can't carry it around on his own. This one looks more portable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mel, I wish you good luck too for your husbands evaluation. My son loves the scooter. It is very portable, but still sturdy. Check out the website Travelscoot.com for more information.The nice thing is you can fold it so it will fit in a travel bag. It weights about 35lb with the lithium- ion battery attached.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the response. We did check out and I really think he may buy it. Your son sounds very similar to my husband. Was it hard to get him accepted? This was our 3rd time applying so I am hoping 3rd time is a charm!Maybe we will see you in Chicago.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My son is being treated off study by Dr. Burt. He had active disease as he was evaluated and it was not hard at all to get him accepted. I am sorry your husband had to apply 3x. I keep my fingers crossed it will work this time. Let me know how it goes. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw your post today. I hope everything goes well for your son. You must be so excited. My husband was turned down. He has had a new acute attack in13 months so they wouldn't take him. We were disappointed but I guess they felt it wouldn't offer him any benefit. So we are moving on and hoping for something else. I look forward to watching your son get better on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mel I'm really sorry to hear your husband was turned down again. I hope you and your husband will be able to find a place that will treat him. This is very upsetting, I wonder why he has been turned down.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just realized I made a typo- he hasn't had an acute attack in 13 months........ they were also concerned because he has had MS for 14 years. It is upsetting but we continue to stay positive and believe there will be something else. Never lose hope! LOTS of well wishes for your son, he has life ahead of him that needs to be enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mel! And good luck to you and your husband too.

    ReplyDelete